Skip links


30% flat tax in Sweden, is that enough?

In this blog, we will touch upon Sweden and instances where temporary contractors are presented with NET pay calculations showing a flat % of tax (30% for example). These pay calculations look great, but you may not be told  that there is likely to be

Sponsorship in The Netherlands for Non-EU Nationals.

Some more good news for the Liberty Bishop International team, our Dutch NEN-accredited employment service – Liberty Bishop (Netherlands) Ltd has been granted official recognition as a Sponsorship Employer in the Netherlands. Click here to find the Public Register for recognised sponsors for the residence

Self-Employed & Employed – General Criteria.

This content was produced using our experience in the International and UK marketplace tackling  the common question we face about individuals categorised as ‘self employed’ and the indicators that may warrant that ‘employee’ status would be more appropriate or even required. In most cases it

A1 Forms – Social Security, Not Tax.

An “A1 form” refers to a document used in the context of social security contributions for workers temporarily working within another European country. The purpose of the A1 form is to certify which country’s social security legislation applies to an individual working temporarily in another

The Dangers of Misclassifying Contractors Within Sweden.

Within Sweden, misclassifying contractors can have several negative consequences for the supply chain and more specifically the entity paying the self-employed/AB/Independent worker. Therefore, you must be comfortable with the classification of a contractor taking a role in Sweden. There is no statutory definition within Sweden

SINK Tax in Sweden.

Are you going to work in Sweden for less than 6 months of the financial year? If so, you will be liable to pay taxes on your locally sourced income in Sweden under the Economic Employer Concept, if you meet one of the following criteria;

The EU Working Time Directive.

“Protect each individual” For all individuals working in the EU, the Working Time Directive set’s out the maximum allowable working time and minimum rest periods. The EU Working Time Directive’s main goal is to protect each individual from being overworked, exploited and to ensure they

What is the KVK in the Netherlands?

KVK stands for Kamer van Koophandel, which is the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands. The KVK is a non-profit organization that serves as the official trade register for businesses in the Netherlands. All businesses operating in the Netherlands (even if the business is not

What are Collective Agreements?

Collective agreements in the European Union (EU) are agreements held by end client and/or employers with trade unions that regulate the terms and conditions of individuals working for the client and site, The elements within these include such details as: They are legally binding agreements

Dansk Industri (DI) Members

Liberty Bishop (Denmark) Ltd is proudly registered with the Dansk Industri. After recently launching our Danish Temporary Employment (Umbrella) Service, we are pleased to announce we are a business member of the Dansk Industri (DI). Who are the DI?The Confederation of Danish Industry (DI) is

The ID06 Card in Sweden

The ID06 system was launched by Byggföretagen in 2006 to simplify the recording and reporting system within construction sites in Sweden. As of 1 July 2016, this was made mandatory requiring all workers employed on a construction site across Sweden to hold a valid ID06 card